What are Social Media Tools?
With the switch from Web 1.0 to Web 2.0, ‘being social online’ has become an updated idea. Just as Web 2.0 is different from Web 1.0, social media has transformed from a one-way to two-way communication platform, where you not only give your personal information to the web users, but also provide a voice to your audience. Social media tools have played a crucial part in this switch over.
There may be specific reasons why you should be using social media tools and it is always better to chalk out exactly what you want from the toolsbefore selecting them. Whether you want to track your visibility and engagement or want to know who influences your brand or want to analyze your social media campaign, there are number of tools which you can use.
Some popular social media tools are:
- Edgerank checker: specifically designed to determine how popular your Fb posts have been by checking their rank. Increases visibility and fan engagement.
- Bit.ly: This not only works as a URL shortening tools but also gives you a clear idea of number of hits your posts have if you used a link in the same.
- Topsy: This is a social media search engine which delivers results based on who all are sharing the content and how influential they are.
- HootSuite: This helps you manage profiles on various social media platforms. It is an efficient tool to organize data based on different variables like keywords, news and followers etc.
- Radian6: Offers multiple tools for monitoring, tracking and engagement. You would get detailed reports of your conversation
- Social Mention: This is a content aggregator which compiles social content from about 100 platforms to inform you what is being spoken about your brand or company in the social media domain
- Facebook search: You get the desired results from the huge database of users and pages, this public search utility of Facebook helps you focus on specific users or pages through the results.
- Twitter advanced search: Right from tracking the content using specific hash tags to analyzing positive and negative emotions, Twitter advanced search is a helpful tool to track what is being talked about you on the microblogging platform.
- Summify: You can keep a tab on the daily happenings on social media platforms through Summify. This news aggregator delivers you the top stories from your network. It gives a good idea which story got the maximum shares.